Recruiting Announcement: English Translator / Editor at KTO
The Korea Tourism Organization (KTO) is looking for new members. The successful candidates will be involved in translating, editing and developing contents.
○ Application period: Until August 28 (Sun), 2016
○ Positions available: English Translator / Editor (Publications), English Translator / Editor (Online Marketing)
○ Contract period: Indefinite duration employment contract after 3 month probationary period
○ Location: Korea Tourism Organization Headquarters in Wonju, Gangwon-do
○ Work tasks:
-Translate and edit tourism related materials from external organizations (provincial government, etc.)
-Translate and edit documents, materials, and publications from internal and external offices of the organization
-Standardize English translation and Romanization of Korean
-Supervise foreign language databaseOnline Marketing
-Translate and edit content for the English VisitKorea website and SNS channels
-Assist in the operations and promotion of the English VisitKorea mobile application
○ Required qualification: One of the following:-Nationality-holder from English-speaking country-Educated in an English-speaking country for over 9 years(※ Education corresponding with the official curriculum for Korean Elementary•Middle•High School and University)
○ Required knowledge:Ability to translate and edit Korean/English texts, ability to use OA system
○ Required skills:-Outstanding Korean-to-English translation skill and ability to perform work tasks and communicate in Korean-Experience in Korean-English translation, editing and Korean reading comprehension, using OA systems, ability to network with established contacts
○ Work behavior: Consumer-oriented manner, able to engage in harmonious communication with others, cooperate with outside organizations, project-oriented, analytical, attention to details, morally sound, etc.
○ Basic skills: Understanding others, communication, numeracy, problem-solving, self-improvement, resource management, information-processing, interpersonal, work ethics
○ How to apply: After confirming the job description, fill out the attached official application form and submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application is also available in Korean through the KTO recruitment page (click here).
○ Inquiries: +82-33-738-3143
Job Description [Download]
Personal Information Agreement Form [Download]